Covid 19 Policy at Ocean Sound
As a family run B&B and in keeping with our core values, our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of our guests and our family. We are highly committed to taking every action possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) & Failte Ireland.
Ocean Sound B&B has been awarded the Failte Ireland’s COVID-19 Safety Charter certification. This is a COVID-19 Safety Charter and is designed to reassure all of our guests, that we have completed training at Ocean Sound to follow all Government Health guidelines to reopen safely and can be checked by Fáilte Ireland to ensure compliance.
Room Cleaning on departure of guests
We will wear full PPE i.e., mask, disposable gloves and disposable aprons (changed per room) and will deep clean with full sanitisation all guest rooms on departure – extra time being assigned per room to allow for common touch areas to be disinfected including remote controls, handles and switches.
All Our Guest rooms have their own private en-suites and all public area common touch points including door handles, stair banisters and chairs are being cleaned, sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day. Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised in preparation for your arrival
Here are some ways we are protecting everyone that visits Ocean Sound.
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing for all, is vital to help combat the spread of viruses – cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, we also completed enhanced COVID-19awareness training through Failte Ireland.
- Cleaning products and protocols: We use cleaning products and protocols which are deemed effective against viruses.
- The following actions have been taken and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
- Masks will be worn in all communal areas.
Reception – checking-in and out
- Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering and exiting our home and we will politely remind you to use it.
- The use of credit/debit cards and contactless or online payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash. Card machines are to be disinfected between use.
- Invoices will be emailed to guests for confirmation of payment.
- The reception desk will be cleaned after every Guest check in.
- All room keys will be disinfected.
- All tourist information and newspapers have been removed from the dining area.
- Social distancing reminders are in place throughout our property,
- Room only is being actively promoted and pre-bookings will be taken for Breakfast times and the time of check-In/out and breakfast times will be staggered, to comply with social distancing protocols.
- Daily housekeeping has been temporary suspended in accordance with governmental guidelines and social distancing.
- A sanitation basket will be provided in all rooms, for guests who wish to clean their luggage etc.
- All throws and cushions have been removed from beds as per issued guidelines.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items e.g., doors, door handles, light switches, remote controls, appliances (such as kettle, hairdryer etc.), counter tops and desk areas.
- The Guest Directory is fully disinfected & sanitised between guests, flyers such as tourist information have been removed.
- Cups and glasses will be washed with anti-bacterial liquid.
- All soft or porous surfaces (such as carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.) are cleaned with appropriate cleaning products between guest stays.
- We will serve you with your continental breakfast requirements.
- Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering and exiting our dining room.
- Tables are sanitised after each guest use.
- Tableware will be cleaned and sanitised after each guest service.
- All seating arrangements have been taken into consideration on recommended social distancing.
Covid Policy – Level 5
In the event of Level 5 restrictions being in place, we would only open to Essential Workers who can use the Book Now or phone Stuart or Frances on 096 49804. On-line availability will be closed on all third-party websites and guests will need to provide contact details of employers to confirm any reservation and complete a Covid health questionnaire on arrival to ensure the protection of our team. Daily in-room house keeping is suspended during this time – any additional in room amenities or toiletries etc. can be requested and delivered to your guestroom.
What you can do to help:
We ask that our guests remain up to date on these guidelines.
Guests who have travelled internationally or those arriving from the current Irish Government Non-Green Countries list will have self-quarantined for the recommended timeframe prior to arrival. Failure to do so or provide proof of travel will result in your reservation been cancelled on arrival. Please note that we are unable to provide accommodation to quarantine within.
Should you present with any of the Corona virus symptoms prior to your arrival -please cancel your reservation.
Should you present with any symptoms of Corona virus or feel unwell during your stay, we kindly ask that you remain in your bedroom and phone Frances or Stuart on 096 49804. – We will arrange for a doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
Whilst we hope that your travel arrangements will not be disrupted as a result of the Covid-19 virus, we are offering flexible cancellation terms and are happy to answer any cancellation or rescheduling queries you may have. For further information, please contact 096 49804 or email email@example.com
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures and ask that our guests remain up to date on these guidelines.
We look forward welcoming you to our home.
Stuart and Frances
Ocean Sound B&B
00353 96 49804